Enhancing Entrepreneurship in Education
From 2012 until 2014 Provinciaal Onderwijs Vlaanderen was asked by the Province of Antwerp to co-operate in a European Comenius project called “Enhancing Entrepreneurship in Education” (or E3). The partners in this project were:
- Provinciaal Instituut Sint-Godelieve (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Provinciaal Centrum voor Volwassenenonderwijs Antwerpen (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Koninklijk Atheneum Kapellen (Kapellen, Belgium)
- VOKA—Chamber of Commerce Antwerp-Waasland (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Province of Antwerp (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Frøya videregående skole (Frøya, Norway)
- Tiller videregående skole (Trondheim, Norway)
- Næringslivets hoveorganisasjon – Trøndelag (Trondheim, Norway)
- Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet (Trondheim, Norway)
- Sør-Trøndelag fylkeskommune (Trondheim, Norway)
The project intended to find out what the role of a local government could be in enhancing entrepreneurship in their schools. During six meetings (both in Antwerp and in Trondheim) the participants discussed the definitionof entrepreneurship, the possible impact of staff hiring in schools on entrepreneurship, the actions schools can take to enhance entrepreneurship, the needs of both teachers and students concerning entrepreneurship education etc.
This resulted in a brochure (in English) that, based on a questionnaire in which 50 teachers and 50 students participated, presents a few recommendations on entrepreneurship in education, to all parties involved.
"ENHANCING ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN EDUCATION" has been selected as a "success story" by a panel of experts from the Directorate-General for Education and Culture of the European Commission and it will be marked as such in the Erasmus+ Project Results Platform. (January 2016)